Pages

Tuesday 26 January 2016

Getting Back in Shape on a Budget

Before I became pregnant with my second child I did lots of exercise. I went to the gym regularly where as well as using the gym equipment, I would also take part in various fitness classes and go swimming. As my pregnancy progressed I went to the gym less and less and by the time I was 6 months pregnant I decided it was a complete waste of money!

I no longer felt motivated to go and I knew once baby was born I would probably have even less motivation for a while as well as no time whatsoever! I subsequently cancelled my membership.

It was a hard decision as I really enjoyed going but there would be no point paying all that money every month for a walk on the treadmill, a couple of swims and the odd Zumba class. I would love to have been more motivated to keep up the gym-ing once baby was here, but I knew realistically it wasn't going to happen.

The only opportunity I would have to go would be late in the evening and very early in the morning at the weekend. Neither of which I really fancied doing! My husband doesn't get home from work until 7pm and I don't have anyone who could regularly look after my baby daughter during the day. I wish I could be motivated enough to go at 9pm at night or 6am in the morning but I'm just not that person! I envy those who do put in the extra effort. 

Not being able to justify paying a monthly fee for a gym I would hardly attend doesn't mean I've given up on getting back into shape, but what I need is a low cost, baby friendly option! So walking (quickly!) for now at least is my plan of action. With baby in the pram as well as my trusty Fitbit for company! And I'm not just talking about walking round the shops, I'm talking about proper walking in the great outdoors! 

I'm going to try (with the very best of intentions!) to keep a little journal here on the blog so I can hopefully motivate myself even more! I'll use the tag 'walking journal' for anyone who wants to read these posts. 
And...rather reluctantly...but for that added extra kick up the backside...I'm going to keep a note of my weight and hopefully weight loss in the posts.

Urghhh...here goes...current weight 11st 3lbs! (I'm 5ft 6ins.) The heaviest I've been in my life (apart from when preggo!).


I would so love to get back to the 9st I was pre-pregnancy but we'll see what happens... I'm now 34 and losing weight seems to get harder as I get older.

I'm writing this for my benefit as much as anyone else's, but if you do have any suggestions for free or cheap exercises do leave me a comment, contact me on social media or email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment